We work with over 2,000 employers across Britain each year, bringing benefit to businesses through work based skills training, apprenticeships, and work experience.

Research from UKCES shows there is an unprecedented skills shortage, leaving thousands of vacancies unfilled.

We've delivered 1000 apprenticeships at intermediate and advanced level in the past year. Our success rates are higher than average, exceeding 80%.

Employer feedback confirmed 96% satisfaction with Rathbone Training’s service delivery.

Key facts:

  • Apprenticeships are work based training programmes tailored to the needs of your business
  • Hiring an apprentice can help make your organisation more effective, productive and competitive
  • You can use apprenticeships to train new or existing employees
  • Government funding is available to train apprentices
  • Apprenticeships are flexible to fit around your business commitments

Business benefits:

What employers say about having apprentices:

*Source: National Apprenticeship Service

This is what many employers tell us. All training takes place in the workplace. Our practical, work-based programmes are flexible to suit employer needs and can fit around business commitments and priorities.

We use teaching methods and materials that can be followed independently by employees. There will be some ‘off the job’ training but we’re confident that this will be more than compensated by increased performance and commitment from employees.

That’s OK. We can manage the whole process for you. This includes identifying the appropriate qualification for the job role, advertising the post and helping you shortlist candidates.

We have a pool of young people who are ready to work and eager to make the right contribution to your business.

UPDATE: Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage increase from April 2019

Apprentices are entitled to be paid the National Minimum Wage. The current minimum wage rate for an apprentice is £3.70 per hour and this rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage is increasing from April 2019: The apprentice rate (for apprentices aged under 19 or in the first year of their apprenticeship) will increase from £3.70 to £3.90. Employers of apprentices under the age of 25 do not have to pay national insurance contributions on earnings up to the Upper Earnings Limit (UEL), for those employees.

If you are a levy payer you will need to pay for the training and assessment of your apprentices. Your levy funds can be used for this.

Non levy payers need to pay 10% of the training costs with government paying the remaining 90%. There are some special allowances for small employers (less than 5 employees).

Great! Email us: employers@rathboneuk.org to discuss your options!

The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK business levy to be used from May 2017 to fund apprenticeship training. The levy will only be paid by companies with annual pay bills in excess of £3 million, and will be payable at 0.5% of the total pay bill (i.e. not just the element over £3 million) minus a "levy allowance" of £15,000.

The levy will be paid through the Pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) process alongside payment of Income Tax and National Insurance contributions.

The use of the levy for funding apprenticeships which commence after 1 May 2017 will be the responsibility of the Department for Education and the Skills Funding Agency in England.

There will be separate arrangements in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, since apprenticeships are a devolved policy.

The levy payments will be managed by the Digital Apprenticeship Service.

All employers will receive an incentive payment of £1000 for employing an apprentice from any of the following categories:

  • Aged 16 to 18
  • A care leaver aged 19 to 24
  • Aged 19 to 24 with a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan 

Small employers (less than 50 employees) in England, who are not levy payers can get 100% apprenticeship funding from the government, if the apprentice fits any of these criteria:

  • Aged 16 to 18
  • A care leaver aged 19 to 24
  • Aged 19 to 24 with a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan

Employers apprenticeships enquiry form

  • We’d love to contact you by email, phone, SMS and post with information on courses and events which may be of interest to you. Please let us know if you would like to continue to receive this information via:
  • We want you to know exactly what we do with your data and why we need the above information to process your enquiry. Please state that you have read and agree to our Privacy Policy

    You must accept the terms and conditions

    I agree to the NCG Privacy Policy

  • Submit