This apprenticeship deals with the repair and maintenance of all types of light vehicles. Please note we only offer this apprenticeship in Yorkshire and the North West (Manchester and surrounding regions).
Apprentice will service and repair light vehicles, working on all the systems found within the vehicle. The nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
- Intermediate Vehicle maintenance and repair apprenticeships (Level 2) 18 months
- Advanced Vehicle maintenance and repair apprenticeships (Level 3) 2-3 years
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Good problem solving skills to find faults
- Able to work quickly and pay attention to detail
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions
Job roles include light vehicle service technician.
Average salaries for motor vehicle technicians vary from £15,000 to £20,000 a year.
Experienced technicians can earn over £25,000 a year.