This apprenticeship trains you to provide support in the classroom.
Learning support staff work with teachers, carrying out duties like lesson preparation and work with small groups or individuals.
- Intermediate level supporting teaching and learning in schools apprenticeships (Level 2)
- Advanced level supporting teaching and learning in schools apprenticeships (Level 3)
These apprenticeships take 12 to 15 months to complete, so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- The ability to build good relationships
- Flexibility and creativity
- Patience and a sense of humour
Job roles include
- Teaching assistant
- Classroom assistant
- Behaviour support assistant
- Pastoral support assistant
Salaries for full-time teaching assistants are between £13,000 and £18,000 a year.
Salaries for full-time Higher Level Teaching Assistant are £16,000 to £21,000 a year.
This vary depending on the Local Education Authority and the responsibilities of individual jobs.