Work in hospitality can cover hotels, restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels and clubs.
Hospitality is all about customer service, whether this is making sure food is served on time or that a hotel room is ready to use.
- Intermediate level Hospitality apprenticeships (Level 2)
- Advanced level Hospitality apprenticeships (Level 3)
These apprenticeships take about 12 to 15 months to complete, so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Excellent customer service skills
- An interest in food and drink
- Able to work under pressure
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
Job roles include
- Front of house receptionist
- Waiter/silver service waiter
- Housekeeper/room attendant
- Bar/cellar person
Across the sector salaries can start between £12,500 and £14,500 a year.
Supervisors can earn from £15,000 to £18,000 a year.