Motor vehicle fitters, or fast-fit technicians, repair and replace tyres, batteries, exhausts and other vehicle parts, while the customer waits. Please note we only offer this apprenticeship in Yorkshire and the North West (Manchester and surrounding regions).
An apprentice could carry out tasks such as testing batteries, exhausts and other engine parts to find faults, replacing faulty parts, checking balancing, replacing and realigning wheels.
Intermediate Vehicle fitting apprenticeships (Level 2)
This apprenticeship takes approximately 15 months to complete, so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Practical and technical skills
- Maths skills for working out costs and handling payments
- A good level of fitness
Job roles include
- Motor vehicle fitters
- Fast-fit technicians
After your apprenticeship starting salaries are between £13,000 and £16,000 a year. With experience, this can rise to between £17,000 and £23,000.