This is about providing young people with challenges and new experiences, allowing them to be creative, active and have fun. Tasks may include helping to run
arts based activities, community or environmental projects, residential or sporting activities with young people.
- Intermediate Youth Work apprenticeships (Level 2)
- Advanced Youth Work apprenticeships (Level 3)
These apprenticeships take approximately 15 months to complete, so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and motivation
- A non judgemental attitude
- Good organisational and planning skills
Job roles include
- Youth support worker
- Youth worker
- Youth & Community worker
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship you can earn between £14,000 and £20,000 a year full time.
Senior and management salaries usually start at £35,000 a year.