Rathbone Cymru ,
This apprenticeship is for you, if you want to work as a painter and decorator in the construction industry. The apprenticeship covers a wide range of skills and gives you the knowledge you need. Topics covered include;
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction
- Communicating information
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and applying colour
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating apprenticeship (Level 2)
This apprenticeship takes approximately 15 months to complete so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Practical and technical skills
- A good level of fitness
Job roles include painter and decorator, you could be working for a construction company on builds, or as part of a small business repairing & refurbishing existing buildings and structures.
Painters and decorators typically earn upwards of £10/hour, but hours are often not guaranteed.