Rathbone Cymru ,
This qualification enables you to work as a bricklayer in the construction industry. Bricklayers, build walls for new homes and developments, and repair and refurbish walls on existing buildings and restoration projects. You will erect masonry structures and cladding in a range of situations and learn to work safely as part of a team.
Topics covered include;
- Health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Productive working practices in the workplace
- How to move, handle and store resources in the workplace
- Intermediate Trowel Occupations Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Trowel Occupations Apprenticeship (Level 3)
These apprenticeships take about a year to complete, so commitment is important.
Our tutors will help decide which level is best for you.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Practical and technical skills
- A good level of fitness
This qualification prepares you for work in the construction industry, with a specific focus on trowel occupations (bricklaying). Upon completion you can apply to CSCS, or other industry card schemes, to gain a skills card that will enable you to work on site in your chosen trade.
Skilled bricklayers typically earn upwards of £120/day but may not work guaranteed hours.