Rathbone Training is championing outstanding teaching, learning and assessment after successfully applying for project funding from the Association of Colleges.
The training provider was one of 53 organisations who applied to be part of the Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment (OTLA) Programme, 20 were then shortlisted and Rathbone Training was amongst the 15 that were successfully granted funding.
Together with six provider partners Rathbone Training will appoint Teaching and Learning Champions for Social Care (Health and Social Care and Childcare) and Professional Studies (Business Administration, Team Leading and Management and Customer Service).
The Champions will identify and share best practice in technical skills teaching, learning and assessment across their sector through liaison with employers and teaching teams across project partners developing the following resources to support outstanding teaching, learning and assessment:
- An online Best Practice forum to facilitate the sharing of skills, knowledge, experience and materials to support excellence in technical skill delivery
- A bank of employer based CPD placements for vocational staff to access and update skills
- An online ‘best practice’ video bank providing access for all staff to examples of Outstanding Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- A monthly ‘Assessor Update’ targeted to provide information and materials relevant to excellence and innovation in technical skills training
- Sector based employer lead ‘National Learner Skills Workshops’ to provide learners with an opportunity to experience working practices from across the sector and network with other learners and employers.
Rathbone Training’s training provider partners for the project are Intraining, West Lancashire College, Newcastle College, Kidderminster College, Next Step and Encompass Consultancy.