At Rathbone Training we work to find you the right apprentices for your business. We do not charge any fee for the recruitment of apprentices and carefully screen each candidate before putting them forward for interview.
- Apprenticeships can be used to develop existing staff or train new employees.
- If you are a levy payer you can use your levy funds to pay for the assessment of your apprentices, but not their salaries.
- Minimum wage for an apprentice is £3.70 p/hr. Please note that the minimum wage for apprentices is rising to £3.90p/hr in April 2019.
- Many employers choose to pay more than the minimum apprenticeship wage in order to attract better quality candidates.
- Apprentices are employees and are entitled to the same rights and legal protection as other workers.
- Extra funding is available for small businesses and those wanting to take on a 16-18 year old.
Further information on funding for apprenticeships can be found on our Apprenticeship Levy page.
What do I need to do before I get an apprentice?
You will need to provide;
- Employers liability insurance
- Workplace pension for those over 21 and earning over £10,000 p.a. (£192 per week)
- At least 30 hours of employment per week for each apprentice (Special circumstances can sometimes necessitate that this varies.)
- A working environment which meets all legal health and safety requirements
I want an apprentice for my business, how do I get one?
Contact us for free advice and guidance on finding the right apprentice for your organisation. We do not charge for the recruitment of apprentices and can walk you through the funding process.
We offer various different apprenticeships across the UK, please click on a region below to find the programmes we offer.